Social Networking Services(SNS)

How can social networking services be "controversial" when they are like a necessary source in our lives?

2015年7月13日月曜日

5. How do Sns affect our lives?

    First, it has made it easier for us to make friends. To think about how people used to carry around huge boxes named cell phones, it must have been hard to get in touch with people compared to now. Having thousands of friend with the same hobby on social networking sites can be possible. Being able to make that much friends connects to building up a relationship and getting in touch withe world. People may have stronger thoughts about breaking up when sns is connected, but on the other hand lets use them positively. Wouldn't you think it would make our sns last longer? 
     With many friends and the world open to you, you could understand about whats going around in the world, letting you have an opportunity to leap out into the world. 
     Only looking at good parts of social networking services, they seem great tools, but they could be dreadful on the other hand. Most people on social networking sites seems to be self-centered and attention seeking. We like to talk about ourselves and we sometimes even post our lunches everywhere. We also get distracted by sns during test week when even though we have to study, we end up using most of the tim on sns talking with friends about how bad our exam results will be. 

     Another huge problem is about privacy. Most people would write their information on Facebook, form their real names to their family, friends, nationality, birthday…………and so on. We don’t have much resist even though we don’t write all this on a board and show it off in public.

2 件のコメント:

  1. When I was still a highschool student I was very agaisnt SNS for many reasons. 1. I did not like it when people text other friends even though they were having a one on one conversation with me. 2. It makes people lazy. My parents would sometimes text me saying it was dinner time etc, even though i was right upstairs. 3. I used to really like snail mail which isnt only fun and exciting to get a real letter in the mail, but it also helped me remember how to spell properlly. 4. lastly, i always felt it to be a waste of time sometimes. Although it may be very useful, there are alot of cases where you can be texting someone all night and totally forget about what you have to be prioritizing.
    I had a lot of negative opinons on SNS because i didnt own and start using a phone till i was in the second year of highschool. But as i started using it, i realized how convenient it is. Although all of my opinions are not all far from the truth, i do believe that everything(to a certain extent) is okay in moderation. So i am not for SNS as long as it isnt abused.

    返信削除
  2. My parents were pretty strict when I was little and I had very few opportunity to surf internet and see all sorts of things including SNSs. When I grew up and got more opportunity to look at internet, I was very amused and spend a lot of time on it. I wrote a lot of my information on SNSs and I believed everything written on all these things. My parents always told me to stop posting too much information. At first I didn’t care much about it. I thought it was wonderful. But then I found out that my information can be seen by not only my friends but also complete strangers. I knew about it but didn’t fully understand how it could be dangerous it could be until getting little older. So I personally think it is very scary that children can easily use all these SNSs without really realizing the danger and get in trouble.

    返信削除